Where did you fly today?

NEW Section:
Post and find topics related to Airports, airparks and flying destinations to the section...
Mountain Doctor
100+ Posts

Post by Mountain Doctor »

I'm a military small arms collector. I have a Krag Carbine, an original.

Nice units, smooth action. Outclassed in battle by the Mauser, but still a fine rifle. :D
I am an AME in Richland, Washington. Please call for an appointment!

560 Gage Blvd.
Richland, WA 99352
(509) 628-2843

Island Flyer
100+ Posts

Post by Island Flyer »

Made a flight to Nehalem Bay State Airport (3S7), Oregon for a few days. Nice beach and cool town. Yep, I spelled the name of the bay wrong on the Vimeo title.

http://vimeo.com/63343798
Best regards,

Rhys

YELLOWMAULE
100+ Posts

Post by YELLOWMAULE »

Had an opportunity to burn off a little frustration last evening. Took the Entitlement Dog, she seemed to enjoy herself. We went to the top of a local mountain near an old bomber wreck. Cut some Coyote tracks but no luck so we were content to hike about some. Several T&G's between 4-5,000'. Love this time of year.
Live it like its your last day.

iceman
100+ Posts

Post by iceman »

Nice Kurt... number one son is gonna get away from Bronx homicide for two weeks and join me in Idaho for some fly fishing... I'll pick him up in Boise on the 19th of July for 10 days mountain flying and fishing... Camping at JC as a base.. the New York boy has never seen Idaho so it will be an eye opener.. never been in my Maule either.... :lol:
Iceman

jmtgt
100+ Posts

Post by jmtgt »

Hey Kurt when was the last time I told you what a JackS$$ you are?

Miss you guys.

YELLOWMAULE
100+ Posts

Post by YELLOWMAULE »

Butch, good on you, they're never too old to learn are they? My brother has started his internship in the Emergency Room in the Bronx this fall. Wonder if the two of them have ever crossed paths?

John, Hasn't been often enough. :oops:
Expect a call my friend

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

KB-29 crash site above Church Road. Crashed in Dec. of 1949. No survivors. Nice area up there. Our local 4x4 club dedicated the site with a plaque a few years back. The families of the crew got word of it and some of them eventually made a pilgrimage to the crash site. Some jackass stole the plaque and we worked for years to get it replaced. Finally dedicated a new one at the site last summer. There is also a permanent display of the site at the Transportation Museum in Wasilla.
You have to make up your mind about growing up and becoming a pilot. You can't do both!

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

KB-29.

ImageImage
You have to make up your mind about growing up and becoming a pilot. You can't do both!

Mountain Doctor
100+ Posts

Post by Mountain Doctor »

Island Flyer wrote:Made a flight to Nehalem Bay State Airport (3S7), Oregon for a few days. Nice beach and cool town. Yep, I spelled the name of the bay wrong on the Vimeo title.

http://vimeo.com/63343798
That's a fun airport. I have hit some weird winds on final there though... :shock:
I am an AME in Richland, Washington. Please call for an appointment!

560 Gage Blvd.
Richland, WA 99352
(509) 628-2843

iceman
100+ Posts

Post by iceman »

jmtgt wrote:Hey Kurt when was the last time I told you what a JackS$$ you are?

Miss you guys.
don't pay any attention to him Kurt... he's an asshole... :lol: what hospital is he in.. Dennis has more homicides in a week than SDPD has in 2 months...
Iceman

YELLOWMAULE
100+ Posts

Post by YELLOWMAULE »

Another evening, another mountain.
The best part of the day for an 8:30pm perspective adjustment
All over
With 32DL
It's all about adjusting the attitude. 8)

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

Ugggg. You guys are killing me. I am at work right now, looking out the window at a perfect day to fly...

iceman
100+ Posts

Post by iceman »

just think... all most people think of Alaska is a bunch of nut case gold dredgers in nome or some misplaced Kalifornians digging gold in the back country... :D
Iceman

YELLOWMAULE
100+ Posts

Post by YELLOWMAULE »

Hey Jeff, did it look like this?
Or this?
We were visited by several notables such as UP-M5, Chet Harris and 32DL and several others.

Despite a rather late night trade lies and libations with Mr. Harris, we did manage to get the rather unpleasant and long overdue oiling of the logs done. The primary goal of this trip in the event Breakup begins in earnest.
We spent a good portion of Saturday looking fruitlessly for early bears. Cut several fresh tracks but no bears.
All photo credits to Young Squire.

aero101
100+ Posts

Post by aero101 »

I need to do same out at my cabin, never thought about trying it this time of year, no bugs!!! We usually end up with a rather high skeeter count in the finished product... Good Idea!!!
Jim
http://www.northstar-aero.com

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.