new windsock

NEW Section:
Post and find topics related to Airports, airparks and flying destinations to the section...
captnkirk
100+ Posts

Post by captnkirk »

Gary I haven't received any word yet where did you find it? I'm not showing on the chart yet either.
Kirk Johnson
If god had meant man to fly he would have given him more money

gbarrier
100+ Posts

Post by gbarrier »

I talked to Tim Hester in the MEM GADO a couple of times and he emailed me when it was published. It will be published in the National Flight Data Digest when it happens. Ours was published on 12/19/14. Think website address he gave me is :

https://nfdc.faa/gov/xwiki/bin/view/NFDC/NFDD

Not on chart yet either. He said he had requested it but could not tell me when it would be done.

Tims email is Tim.Hester@faa.gov. Very helpful guy.

aero101
100+ Posts

Post by aero101 »

The FAA will just register the strip, they don't really approve it per se!! Your county or borough is place to start, and it generally requires a special use permit and a hearing... I went through this process in Arizona a few years ago, had people show up at hearing from as far away as 10 miles appealing my application... Did not have a neighbor within 1 mile, but I was declined on use permit by county. Bottom line, planning board member said I could probably prevail if I were to jump through hoops to appeal.. At that point I backed out of purchase of land, and bought somewhere else as who wants a bunch of idiots like that for neighbors with nothing better to do than to make your own life difficult on your own land?? Sad way to have to do things on your own land, but what can you do? I know others who just started landing on their property, which worked until such time as complaints from whiners who weren't affected by anything!!!
Jim
http://www.northstar-aero.com

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

captnkirk
100+ Posts

Post by captnkirk »

Yeah I'm not looking for approval just having it registered. I've had the strip for over 10 years now a lot of my neighbors have ultralights and the cows don't seem to care. Like you my nearest neighbor is over a mile away and I take her and her grand kids flying a lot. Rural zoning here allows for aerial application operations and one of the local apple orchards used the road for operations in years past. We are in the poor end of the county so no one cares too much yet I just want to get it on the books before things change.
Kirk Johnson

aero101
100+ Posts

Post by aero101 »

Yes, I do understand... The house I ended up buying not nearly as remote, nor as much property, but all the neighbors there think it's really cool to have an airplane fly in there, and haven't got a problem with it... So, like you, I will not get a stinkin' special use permit, just give neighbors rides as available, and not worry about it!!! More 'n one way to skin a cat!! :wink:
Jim
http://www.northstar-aero.com

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

gbarrier
100+ Posts

Post by gbarrier »

Hey Kirk, was out bouncing around with my son in the Champ and found your place. Nice. Will drop in sometime when have more time to stay.

captnkirk
100+ Posts

Post by captnkirk »

Hey Gary was that you this morning my son was out hunting saw you fly by I was getting ready for a trip. Put a big x on the gps I've got some vacation this month we will have to get together. Andy has been by a couple of times so we'll all have to meet up. The wife was mentioned a lunch run some place with seafood. I got a lot more room here now we cut some trees on the north end lots of clear way now.
Kirk Johnson

gbarrier
100+ Posts

Post by gbarrier »

Guilty as charged. Am waiting for Aileron skin from Maule to put the bird back together. Otherwise Annual is complete. Hope that doesn't take too long.

captnkirk
100+ Posts

Post by captnkirk »

Mine is due in the spring April I think with out looking. I may do it early I want to go to Sun n Fun with my brother so have to have it finished before hand. I'm thinking I will take it down to Maule let them go over it, as it will be the first one since I bought it. Must be nice having your IA in the neighborhood. LOL I'm going to go do a little flying here today before the rain moves in but maybe next week if things are slow we can get together.
Kirk Johnson

gbarrier
100+ Posts

Post by gbarrier »

Sounds good