Status of Riggins, Idaho Airstrip

NEW Section:
Post and find topics related to Airports, airparks and flying destinations to the section...
super-maule

Status of Riggins, Idaho Airstrip

Post by super-maule »

Hello Maule Pilots & Happy Thanksgiving,

I spoke with the property owners of the land across the river that was once the Riggins, Idaho Airport. The owners actually live in Asotin, Washington. In our converstation they said right now they are not interested in re-opening the runway because the land is for sale.

The owners of Salmon River Helicopers are however interested in puchasing the land and if so are definitely interested in re-opening the runway. I don't know if the current owners would be interested in selling just the 20 or so acres along the river where the runway was located. There is no access to the property except by boat or airplane. Maybe a guy could pick up the ground fairly cheap $800 to $1000 per acre?

Anyway thats the update.

James
Clear Creek, Idaho

iceman
100+ Posts

Post by iceman »

looks like it's in good shape James.. wouldn't have to do anything to it...
Iceman

super-maule

Post by super-maule »

looks like it's in good shape James.. wouldn't have to do anything to it...
Iceman,
Sorry that picture was taken on the gravel bars at the confluence of the Clarkfork River and Pend Orelle Lake in N. Idaho. I've never landed at Riggins because there is a barbwire fence bisecting the runway.

On another note I'm looking to buy a 1947 Ford 9N Tractor with a mower for Clear Creek International.

James
Clear Creek

MauleWacko
100+ Posts

Post by MauleWacko »

How about a Fordson Major Diesel ?