Memaloose?

NEW Section:
Post and find topics related to Airports, airparks and flying destinations to the section...
Mountain Doctor
100+ Posts

Memaloose?

Post by Mountain Doctor »

Anyone been out to this strip on the canyon overlooking Hell's Canyon on the Snake River?

I'm assuming to plan on landing and taking off early in the day, keep the plane light, and be prepared for changing winds on final, with up and downdrafts. :shock:
I am an AME in Richland, Washington. Please call for an appointment!

560 Gage Blvd.
Richland, WA 99352
(509) 628-2843

M5guy

Memaloose

Post by M5guy »

Been there several times. Can be muddy early in spring. Pretty much a dirt road but good approach. Land toward the Snake River and generally take-off same way even though it's up hill unless wind really favors the other way. Very pretty, lots of flowers, deer, elk. Bring bug spray if camping. I like Lord Flat about 13 mi N much better but both are nice. Be careful!!!
...Those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles...

jmtgt
100+ Posts

Post by jmtgt »

Great place with great views. I land up hill and take off down hill. You are the PIC do what works for you. Above comments about spring conditions are good to follow.

Enjoy! :)

iceman
100+ Posts

Post by iceman »

stopped once on the way to Big Bar.... nice place... nicer than it appears in Fly Idaho...
Iceman