TEXAS AIRPARKS

NEW Section:
Post and find topics related to Airports, airparks and flying destinations to the section...
DonMc

TEXAS AIRPARKS

Post by DonMc »

I am in the process of relocating to the DFW area. There are some nice airparks down there. I would like to hear from some Maule drivers in the area to see what they think. Which ones to be avoided etc Which ones have the least infighting. My second choice is a municipal airport where you can get a long term ground lease and own the hangar.

Thanks in advance.

DonMc
N260BD

hatin11r

Post by hatin11r »

Don.....enquire over at supercub.org also,there are more No.Texas folks on the site. I know of a few but do not have the info.you seek. Bourland and Aero Country come to mind.Good luck.....Herman.

Lowflybye
100+ Posts

Post by Lowflybye »

Check with David Beaver...he lives on an airpark in Spring, TX. There is at least 1 other Maule driver on that airpark as well. I am pretty sure his username is Beaver and you should be able to find him in the member list.
"To most people, the sky is the limit. To a pilot, the sky is home."

Still a bit cloudy when it comes to aviation insurance? Find some clarity: Clear on Top

Ernie

Post by Ernie »

I bought a Maule from a guy at Covey Trails airpark, just west of Huston class B. I recall that it was a nice looking, well maintained grass airport with ss fuel.

Ernie

DonMc

Post by DonMc »

I appreciate the replies to my question about the Texas Airparks. Still haven't gotten things straight here at home but working on it. I talked to the folks at Bourland a while back. Apparently the guy that owns the airport has fuel and hangars and maintenance facilities and then sold lots around the strip. There are some houses up for sale there. I need to go look at the parks suggested. The plan is to fly down and stay with family for a few days. Then I could fly to one park and then another to check them out. So far, I have been "flying" to them on the net.

Thanks again for all the suggestions!

DonMc
N260BD

AndrewK
100+ Posts

Post by AndrewK »

Don,

Can't rush a good thing, but when the time does come here are a couple places I have been at or know of:

It has already been mentioned but Aero Country (T31) is developing on the east side of the field and they are selling hangars and hangar homes from what I understand.
I have no affiliation with the developement, I only rent space on the west side but it is a nice airport with both grass and hard surface runways, and close to city conveniences if one desires that sort of thing.
There are at least 2 other Maules here as well.

I have also stopped in at Bar V K (TX32) and Ironhead (T58) and thought both of those to be very nice airparks but don't know the status of any available properties or field politics, just that they seemed like they would be very nice places to live.

I believe Northwest Regional (52F) and Airpark (F69) have homes available from what I saw on Barnstormers.com recently. Also Hidden Valley (5TX0) still has lots available and is hosting a fly-in (sounds a little like a sales pitch attempt to me) April 30th.

If I could swing it I'd be living at one of these airparks/airports myself, maybe one day.

Drop me a line when you're in town or if you want any more info on the area.

Andrew

Mog
100+ Posts

Post by Mog »

Another thumbs up for Aero Country. I have flown a Cub out of Aero a few times and there is even a small private grass strip just south thats fun to play on as well. I drove by it in december and was impressed with the amount of new development for the airpark. Leading me to believe it will be there for some time even though the area is skyrocketing real estate wise.

Green Hornet
100+ Posts

Post by Green Hornet »

1997-M7-235C, 540 I/O

WOC SPOT