MI to FL Trip

NEW Section:
Post and find topics related to Airports, airparks and flying destinations to the section...
mmiller54

MI to FL Trip

Post by mmiller54 »

Getting ready to fly from N. Michigan to SW Florida. Looking for stop suggestions. Thanks

Kirk
100+ Posts

Re: MI to FL Trip

Post by Kirk »

Peach State Aerodrome (GA2) is hard to beat. Grass strip, restaurant on field, antique aircraft…

Not sure what the hours are for the restaurant now…

Kirk

JEM1968

Post by JEM1968 »

KMUL. Say hi to Brent. No fuel.

RedOwlAirfield

Post by RedOwlAirfield »

I will second Peach State. It's a beautiful grass strip - or it was the last time I was there 15 years ago. Good location and nice folks.

andy
Site Admin

Post by andy »

Not grass strips but Downtown Knoxville TN (KDKX), Western Carolina Regional (KRHP) Andrews NC and Macon County (1A5) near Franklin NC are good stops.
Andy
1986 MX7-180

Flyhound
100+ Posts

Post by Flyhound »

Don't know how many stops you want to make, or how far away from a bee-line you want to fly, but Red Stewart field (40I) in Waynesville, OH is a grass strip with fuel. I'd second a stop at Spence field (KMUL) in Moultrie, GA to see the Maule factory if you haven't been there before. If you're willing to fly further east, I'd highly recommend a stop at St. Simons Island (KSSI), or Jekyll Island (09J) for fuel and a meal. They are both spectacular barrier islands on the Georgia coast.
Por mares nunca dantes navegados - a line from a Potugese poem about exploring the unknown.