new eye glasses

In response to a few member who like to post and read sometimes on the Maule forum something unrelated to Maules and flying, you may use this section. Plz keep it still non-offensive and clean and adhere to the agreement you accepted by becoming a member.
swampflyer

new eye glasses

Post by swampflyer »

Just thought I would pass on to who ever might be interested. I just received my new eye glasses and they are the best I have ever had. I would post a picture but beyond my current skill level. Yes, they were expensive but worth every penny. Real thin zeiss 1.8 lens so light you would think they are plastic. They have all the bells and whistles, progressive and transition as well as anti reflective coating. Windsor Canada,Visions of Canada. com. work great with head sets. Have thin titanium cable frames. Saw a thread on eye glasses for flying, but don't recall on this site or one of the other sites. :D
check your six

Chris in Milwaukee
100+ Posts

Post by Chris in Milwaukee »

I'm not in need of full-on specs yet, but I do find that, for close up stuff, I like to have a set of readers available. How do these types of glasses work when going from close-up stuff, like perhaps a yoke-mounted GPS/tablet, to looking back out the window?

Looking over the top of a set of readers is annoying to me. If there's such a thing as glasses with zero prescription that would transition into a magnifier, that's something that would appeal to me. Tinted or not.
Christopher Owens
1993 MX-7-180A
Members: AOPA EAA VAA

swampflyer

Post by swampflyer »

Chris; these are so good I do not notice the transition from near to distance. I can be looking out side and then switch to the fine print on a sectional and do not notice the change. I know it sounds to good to be true but, I am real picky guy when it comes to perfection in just about anything,especially when it comes to my eyes. But you pay for perfection. The good thing is I probably will not need another pair for 3 or 4 years. There is probably only two or three guys that do this kind of work left in North America..They take pride in what they do. If you like pm me or call as I don't plug any advertisement and I'll fill you in on the particulars. :D
check your six

Chris in Milwaukee
100+ Posts

Post by Chris in Milwaukee »

Thanks for that extra bit of info. Just thinking ahead for the day I'm ready to pull the trigger on something like this. I haven't had a "proper" eye exam in some time (flying physical tested fine on the charts last week). So if I get in there to an eye doc for a real exam, I'll see what the options are.
Christopher Owens
1993 MX-7-180A
Members: AOPA EAA VAA

swampflyer

Post by swampflyer »

who ever you choose make sure they use the new (wave mapping).
check your six