a bike ride

In response to a few member who like to post and read sometimes on the Maule forum something unrelated to Maules and flying, you may use this section. Plz keep it still non-offensive and clean and adhere to the agreement you accepted by becoming a member.
Rezrider
100+ Posts

Re: A Bike Ride

Post by Rezrider »

martinwalker1 wrote:Great accomplishment. Someone should put together a Maule Mountain Bike Ride. When I lived in Colorado I had a favorite (crazy) ride that we could do. We fly into Leadville airport (easy in a Maule) and bike to Fairplay over Mosquito pass. Return over Weston pass (much easier since it is just a dirt road that can be driven in a car).

I haven't done this ride in around 20 years (when I was in my mid 40s) but I would love an excuse to fly my Maule to KLXV and we know how easy it is to pack a mountain bike in the back. OK. It's on my bucket list now. If I do this flight/ride, I'll take pictures. Would be great to have company.

Martin
Lets do it. Plenty other options out there too.
1980 M5-235
Four Corners

truthinbeer
100+ Posts

Post by truthinbeer »

truthinbeer wrote:
pilot wrote:Is there an old cemetery along that route? Some of us may need one if we attend this event.
Agreed. ;)

That is an impressive personal test Rezrider.

When I die I'd like to do so peacefully, in my sleep, not grasping my chest whilst lying in the dirt at the side of some rocky path. :wink:
I may have jinxed myself with that flippant comment. The following day I started getting dizzy and breathless on exertion, finally getting so bad by Friday that I am now getting a pacemaker tomorrow. WTF, it all happened so fast I am in disbelief.
Anyone else got a pacemaker?

Sorry for the O/T.

chris erasmus
100+ Posts

Post by chris erasmus »

truthinbeer wrote:
truthinbeer wrote:
pilot wrote:Is there an old cemetery along that route? Some of us may need one if we attend this event.
Agreed. ;)

When I die I'd like to do so peacefully, in my sleep, not grasping my chest whilst lying in the dirt at the side of some rocky path. :wink:
I may have jinxed myself with that flippant comment. The following day I started getting dizzy and breathless on exertion, finally getting so bad by Friday that I am now getting a pacemaker tomorrow. WTF, it all happened so fast I am in disbelief.

Sorry for the O/T.
That's bad news, good luck, hope it goes well

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

Actually, good news, good preflight, You caught it before It caught you.
An adventure unfolding.
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide

chris erasmus
100+ Posts

Post by chris erasmus »

+1 Jeremy, rather sooner than too damn late, wonder what's the effect on your medical

Rezrider
100+ Posts

Post by Rezrider »

truthinbeer wrote:
truthinbeer wrote:
Agreed. ;)

Sorry for the O/T.
Sorry to hear, hopefully it doesn't slow you down.
But, I'll emphasize again, take care of your body and it will take care of you.
1980 M5-235
Four Corners

truthinbeer
100+ Posts

Post by truthinbeer »

Rezrider wrote: Sorry to hear, hopefully it doesn't slow you down.
But, I'll emphasize again, take care of your body and it will take care of you.
I hear what you are saying Rezrider. In this case it's not lifestyle, my electrical system is packing it in. I was body-surfing a week ago so this is a bit of a surprise. I am a bit young for this.

Yes a good preflight Jeremy. Thanks all for your support.

gbarrier
100+ Posts

Post by gbarrier »

So sorry to hear. glad you caught it. Is it Light Sport time for a whileor do you have similar there?

truthinbeer
100+ Posts

Post by truthinbeer »

gbarrier wrote:So sorry to hear. glad you caught it. Is it Light Sport time for a whileor do you have similar there?
Only a problem I believe if you have a defib built into it. But no driving for 2 weeks.