Weather and global warming

In response to a few member who like to post and read sometimes on the Maule forum something unrelated to Maules and flying, you may use this section. Plz keep it still non-offensive and clean and adhere to the agreement you accepted by becoming a member.
Rezrider
100+ Posts

Post by Rezrider »

Wow, this got to 2 pages pretty quick and all the guy started by saying was that the weather was strange where he lives.
Is there not another location for peoples political rants to be shared?
Go to 'hot air' on BCP and rant over there.
I want to read about Maule flying here!
1980 M5-235
Four Corners

Mountain Doctor
100+ Posts

Post by Mountain Doctor »

The climate is changing, as it always has been and always will be. Warmer, colder, both, or neither; it is changing.

It is what it is. I neither care about the changing nor believe there is anything we can or should do about it.

I'm off this rock in another 30 years or so. My condolences to those with kids but they will figure it out just like we figured out what to do with the lot our parents handed us.

I believe in being good stewards of the resources and beauty that the Lord gave us, but our govenment(s) and their carbon credits can take a leap off the glacier as far as I'm concerned.

Indeed, as a resident of the beautiful American Northwest, I wish there really was global warming. I miss the palm trees I so loved when I was home in California.
I am an AME in Richland, Washington. Please call for an appointment!

560 Gage Blvd.
Richland, WA 99352
(509) 628-2843

Mountain Doctor
100+ Posts

BTW, if someone knows how, and Chris (the original poster) does not mind this should probably be moved to the 'Nothing to do with flying' forum.

560 Gage Blvd.
Richland, WA 99352
(509) 628-2843

Undaunted
100+ Posts

Post by Undaunted »

Global warming...the scapegoat that it is...

Mr President recently blamed Global Warming for his daughters asthma attack when she was younger...hhmmm this is the same man that smokes like a chimney (and yes unlike global warming, cigarette smoke in the house HAS been associated with childhood asthma)....yep again global warming strikes....
1999 M7-235C

chris erasmus
100+ Posts

Post by chris erasmus »

Mountain Doctor wrote:BTW, if someone knows how, and Chris (the original poster) does not mind this should probably be moved to the 'Nothing to do with flying' forum.
I really don't mind, and BTW, if you need palm trees and sunny skies and great flying weather, come visit me in SA,

Mountain Doctor
100+ Posts

chris erasmus wrote:
Mountain Doctor wrote:BTW, if someone knows how, and Chris (the original poster) does not mind this should probably be moved to the 'Nothing to do with flying' forum.
I really don't mind, and BTW, if you need palm trees and sunny skies and great flying weather, come visit me in SA,
I have every intention of doing that someday, Chris.

560 Gage Blvd.
Richland, WA 99352
(509) 628-2843

chris erasmus
100+ Posts

Post by chris erasmus »

You are most welcome MD. I might see you in February next year, need to get a FAA endorsement for my SA Licence, will have to do a medical with you

pilot
100+ Posts

Post by pilot »

Just one thing to remember about how thorough some doctors are Chris - prostate exam is NOT supposed to be a part of the flight physical. Also the prostate exam should only be one hand on your shoulder, so if it is both hands on the shoulder then something isn't right.
I can't remember if I fired six shots, or only five.....

M-5 220c, circa 1974
EAA #428061

chris erasmus
100+ Posts

Post by chris erasmus »

pilot wrote:Just one thing to remember about how thorough some doctors are Chris - prostate exam is NOT supposed to be a part of the flight physical. Also the prostate exam should only be one hand on your shoulder, so if it is both hands on the shoulder then something isn't right.
i always wondered about that :lol:

Mountain Doctor
100+ Posts

My blonde nurse does that part. She bills extra.

560 Gage Blvd.
Richland, WA 99352
(509) 628-2843

chris erasmus
100+ Posts

Post by chris erasmus »

Money I am happy to spend :o

cs409
100+ Posts

Post by cs409 »

last time i got a medical exam in washington st. was an exit exam at ft. lewis,,,,,,,,,, trust me, it was not a female checking me :twisted: P.S. didnt get a finger wave, thank goodness and God.

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

My take on climate change. Is the planet warming up? Yes. The evidence is overwhelming. Are we causing it? I don't know. Unlikely, but we are certainly not helping.

That said, we are causing changes to our environment on a global scale. We are fishing our oceans dry. We are causing species to become extinct. We are stripping our forests and defoliating our planet.

We know what we are doing is harmful and wrong. Do we need to change? Yes. Do we need to change overnight? No, but we need to be taking steps in that direction.
You have to make up your mind about growing up and becoming a pilot. You can't do both!

DonLindsay

Post by DonLindsay »

Well, ***. I AM a scientist, and here you guys go stepping on my toes. I don't want a fight, but I'm not going to be silent.

No, the world hasn't been getting warmer for thousands of years. We currently get an Ice Age every 100,000 years - yes, we know why it's that number and not some other number. And we're in the tail end of an "interglacial" period. The climate has been getting colder for the last few thousand years, not warmer.I'm not talking theory, I'm talking evidence. Winter was coming.

If you want to think that you're Real Smart, OK, fine, go for it. But let's be clear that in the scientific community the debate has been over, and I mean OVER, for a dozen years now. When I say "the scientific community", I don't mean a hundred climate guys, or a thousand. I mean all the science professors in all the colleges in the world. I mean all the physicists in Japan, and all the chemists in China, and all the astronomers in Australia, and all the geologists in Spain. Not quite a million people, and 99% of them didn't have a horse in this race.

If you want to argue, let's take it to mail.

grub

Thanks

Post by grub »

Thanks Don. Seems like when politics get involved in an idea, all the data gets thrown out (or edited) to make a passionate point. Its more important to be right than be correct. It surprises me the shear number of people that will rally behind an idea or theory as if its the gospel without any reliable data to back it up. Then, once the idea is proven wrong, the unwillingness to accept being wrong. I guess some powerful people behind these ideas have a lot of money at stake. Money and power seems to be the common repeatable attributes at the root of these ideas.