Model Maules

In response to a few member who like to post and read sometimes on the Maule forum something unrelated to Maules and flying, you may use this section. Plz keep it still non-offensive and clean and adhere to the agreement you accepted by becoming a member.
Maulehigh
100+ Posts

Model Maules

Post by Maulehigh »

My 40th birthday is fast approaching and my wife would like to buy me a wooden desktop model of my Maule. We have been searching the Internet and found the following site:

http://modelplanes.factorydirectmodels. ... le&x=0&y=0

Has anyone on the forum received a model from this organisation that could attest their quality or could recommend other sites?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
David
'91 MX-7-180

rjb
100+ Posts

Post by rjb »

Check out
www.giftofwings.com

They take 6 to 8 months. A friend had a model built of a partnerships' T-6 for a partner dropping out and was so impressed that he bought one for himself.

Ralph Mailloux

Factory Direct Models

Post by Ralph Mailloux »

I had models constructed of my last two aircraft by Factory Direct and they did an excellent job. The key is to take a lot of photos of your aircraft from all angles so that they can duplicate it accurately. I also included color codes. They offer the option of grayed out windows or see-through with the interior duplicated, if you have patroller doors the see-through might be better.

Maulehigh
100+ Posts

Post by Maulehigh »

Thanks for the feedback.
David
'91 MX-7-180

ADIRU

Post by ADIRU »

Did you get one in for your birthday David? :D

gregorydshanks
100+ Posts

models

Post by gregorydshanks »

I have an acquaintance who recently left naval aviation and has a sideline business of building custom aircraft models. Any type, any paint configuration. He found a small group of native artisans in the south pacific that do beautiful work and he uses them.
The price is around $300-$400.
If you're interested, email me at gregorydshanks@gmail.com and I will get his contact information to you.

Kelly

Post by Kelly »

Custom air models .com

I've had 2 models made for me. Excellent work!

I'd post pics but I don't know how[/img][/list]