MT 260 POH

A catch-all forum for anything remotely related to Maule flying.
mmiller54

MT 260 POH

Post by mmiller54 »

Looks like I may finalize the purchase of a 2006 MT 260. Would like to get a POH prior to so I can study up on the systems. Any thoughts would help. Thanks.

Kirk
100+ Posts

Re: MT 260 POH

Post by Kirk »

AFM (there’s no POH for Maules) and Maintenance manuals I found with a quick web search are here:

https://www.manualslib.com/products/Mau ... 63177.html

Like many companies, Maule’s official publisher is contacted through a link on their site.

Hope that helps.

Kirk

mmiller54

Post by mmiller54 »

Thanks. No POH? Where do you go for procedures, W/B, emergency operation, etc?

Andy Young
100+ Posts

Post by Andy Young »

Shamelessly pulled off the web:

“Both a POH and an AFM meet the "Operating Limitations" requirement in the ARROW acronym.

The difference between the two is mainly in length and content: an AFM is usually a thinner document, satisfying the requirements of FAR 23.1581 and not much else, while a POH contains these required items plus other information like system diagrams (The contents & format of a POH are standardized in GAMA's Specification 1).”

In the case of Maules, the “not much else” part certainly applies. The Maule AFM does contain W&B info, and some procedures info, but notably, no performance tables. You’re on your own there. No real systems info either. Although I think there may be a wiring diagram; can’t remember if that’s in the AFM or the maintenance manual.

Edit: just checked; the wiring diagram is in the maintenance manual, NOT the AFM.

Kirk
100+ Posts

Post by Kirk »

Did you try the link I posted? You’ll see what is included in the AFM.

Like ASA said, pretty much everything a POH has but no performance charts or in depth systems descriptions.

If you know the empty weight and cg of the airplane you can run some weight and balance scenarios to get an idea of how well it will fit your planned use.

Never been around an MT-260. I imagine it is pretty nose heavy unless they put some ballast in the tail.

Kirk

mmiller54

Post by mmiller54 »

Gents, thanks for the info. I did read that AFM. Was hoping for more info but its a start. Much appreciated.