Broker

A catch-all forum for anything remotely related to Maule flying.
mmiller54

Broker

Post by mmiller54 »

I'm in the market for a MT Maule. While I have an array of flying experience I don't have knowledge of the Maule. I need assistance in pursuing this project. Any recommendations? Thank you.

Kirk
100+ Posts

Re: Broker

Post by Kirk »

Best assistance is from owners and this owners forum, not from someone who will make money on a sale. If you decide a Maule is for you, then proceed and talk to sellers and brokers. This forum will provide a lot of info that will answer most of your questions and could hook you up with an owner nearby ready to show off their Maule, maybe even take you up!

I see you are in my home state of Michigan. I live now in TN. If I end up coming your way, I would give you a ride and talk half a day with you. Unfortunately, mine is down for engine/prop swap & annual.

So be shameless and ask for someone nearby to show off their bird!

Kirk

Kirk

mmiller54

Post by mmiller54 »

Thanks Kirk, appreciate the insight. I'm at a point where I do want a Maule. I have owned TBMs down to (or up to) Cessna 180. Been on wheels, floats and skies. Just sold a Baron. Now looking to get back to just fun flying; off airport, grass, hauling camping gear and bicycles, etc. I have about 450 hours in tailwheel (C180) and just never got overly comfortable with tailwheel. After much study have come to the conclusion I want a tricycle gear Maule 235. Have my eye on one that is far from me. Need someone who can put eyes on it and help me get a deal done.

criley

Post by criley »

I am happy to help. Where is the Maule in question? I somewhat agree with Kirk in that this is a super helpful forum. I have learned a great deal here and continue to learn. I have a MT-7-235 that I picked up in January and love it. Like you I am lucky to have been able to fly the TBM (as a dealer) and other planes and I have found the versitility of the tricycle gear Maule to be a joy to own and fly. I am about done with my panel upgrade and can't wait until its finished. Hopefuly by the end of next week. The part I do not agree with is the getting paid part. I love what I do and have never been swayed in any direction just because I was being paid.

andy
Site Admin

Post by andy »

My preference for a nose wheel Maule would be the MT-7-235 with the IO-540-W1A5 engine. I would put larger nose and main tires on it so a larger nose wheel fork is needed. That would give you the ability to land on rougher, unpaved airstrips without worrying. There are too many other options to name so you might want to spend some time researching them on this forum.
Andy
1986 MX7-180

mmiller54

Post by mmiller54 »

Thanks for the input. I’m looking at a MT 235. Think it will best fit my intended missions.