Not just the plane

A catch-all forum for anything remotely related to Maule flying.
mauledrvr

Not just the plane

Post by mauledrvr »

Through the years we've had reasonable factory support for parts, yeah yeah everybody has had thumbs up and down experiences, not trying to stir the pot here.
Well this goes beyond the call of duty. One of the M5's is up for sale and is in for a pre-buy inspection, and as usual one of the mufflers is cracked. We try to weld twice or three times then junk 'em and start fresh. We had taken a deposit on the plane already.
The first call to Maule was on Wednesday this week mid-day, left a message, and followed up with an email. About an hour later called again and bingo! Jennifer in parts (the regular gal is out on leave?) answered and I explained the AOG, purchase agreement, taking up shop space etc. and we needed a left side muffler in a bad way. Jennifer walked the phone out the production area, spoke with the fabricator asking what he could do. He told her he had the required pieces and would weld it Thursday and ship it Friday.
Well this is exactly what transpired! We received a tracking number and the invoice today, Friday as promised. (wish this was the norm)
It's the people at Maule that make Maule. Many Many Thanks for helping us out of a jamb. Great Job Jennifer, Welder Dude, and Shipping Department.
Awesome customer service this order. Two thumbs up!!

Trevtt600

Re: Not just the plane

Post by Trevtt600 »

Fantastic to hear!! I'm proud to be apart of this owners group.
Trever
M5-210C

Hale-Yes
100+ Posts

Post by Hale-Yes »

I whole heartedly agree with the poster above. It's the folks on the factory floor and in the shipping department that make the Maule a different (better) experience. Casey in parts has been great as has David Maule. Thank You !
"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living" Author unknown.

Akafrank

Post by Akafrank »

If you don't mind saying, What engine and the cost from Maule?

Ralph
Akafrank

Smokyray

Post by Smokyray »

My first trip to Moultrie was in the late 1970's in my early 20's with a "wet ink" Comm SEL and my first aircraft delivery. From the first moment I walked on the premises till I flew away by myself in a brand new M5, I was family. Mr BD himself rode around the "pattern" although we never used the ample runways, all landings are on the ramp, still to this day. After I delivered the airplane I "phoned home" to let them know I made it and again, like a family member checking in.
Roll the clock forward to June 2021 and my wife and I are on a 1200 mile odyssey to Upper MI from TX when one of my fuel caps "grew legs" and disappeared on one leg. A guess is a young man being overly helpful at a SS pump misaligned the teeth and it departed on takeoff. A quick email to Kasey in parts and a new cap was waiting at my sisters place when we arrived.
Family.
BTW, met Brent at OSH this year over lunch with some Missionary Pilot friends, the company is in good hands...😎👍
V/R
Smokey