New Idea? Not!

A catch-all forum for anything remotely related to Maule flying.
Hale-Yes
100+ Posts

New Idea? Not!

Post by Hale-Yes »

Where do you think that Cub Crafter got there "new" nose wheel suspension idea?
Perhaps here ?
Image 1970 125cc Sach Motorcycle
"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living" Author unknown.

HeavyLoad
100+ Posts

Re: New Idea? Not!

Post by HeavyLoad »

That is a interesting front suspension for a motorcycle. Wonder if it really does anything better.

But don't really think that influenced cub crafters. Lots and lots of aircraft gear designs out there. Reminds me more of some sort of military gear. Having a trailing link is pretty common in landing gears. Also in the GA world.

It does look funky sticking out there in the front of a cub. I grew up thinking cubs looked cool and why mess with a good thing? But someday I'd like to fly one of those new cubs. Find out if I should be jealous. :D
===========
M5-210C
RV6

DavZeeMXT

Post by DavZeeMXT »

That is a fine looking motorcycle! Is it yours?
1997 Maule MXT-7-180A
Based KSFZ

Hale-Yes
100+ Posts

Post by Hale-Yes »

No, the Sach is not mine, but I had one for about a year and a half back in the day. That leading link suspension worked really well compared to what was available at that time. It was odd though, when you hit the front brake, instead of the front end diving, it would raise. it took a few hot laps to get used to it. When the inverted long travel forks became available it doomed the leading link, the design was limited as to the amount of vertical wheel travel it could offer.
"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living" Author unknown.