Gull Wing Doors

A catch-all forum for anything remotely related to Maule flying.
Mog
100+ Posts

Re: Gull Wing Doors

Post by Mog »

You are down to the last resort. Jenny Craig is ready to accept your credit card now. Bet they have holiday specials!!!

Andy Young
100+ Posts

Post by Andy Young »

Hale-Yes wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:57 am
I'm sure it is gross! I have all ready plucked most of the low hanging fruit. I have the lightest starter/ battery/ alternator/ that is legal for my plane along with CF prop/ CF floorboard/ CF wing tips Yada Yada Yada. From here on, I'm past the fat and down to the bone.
So I have to ask: why do you need it lighter? Are you having trouble getting into and out of places you’d like to be able to go?
I ask because I see a lot of people spend thousands to eek out a very marginal increase in performance that they don’t actually even need.

Mog
100+ Posts

Post by Mog »

He is responding to me Andy. I was talking about being lighter. I have to compete with a certain someone in a long wing M7 who thinks he is a bad ass. Even though all he flies is a 206 now.

bobguhr
100+ Posts

Post by bobguhr »

For what it's worth the swing out windows will work with the Maule Mods seaplane doors.

Andy Young
100+ Posts

Post by Andy Young »

Mog wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:12 pm
He is responding to me Andy. I was talking about being lighter. I have to compete with a certain someone in a long wing M7 who thinks he is a bad ass. Even though all he flies is a 206 now.
Oh, I see. Let me know if you need me to sneak some lead bars into his M-7. ;-)
Hmmm...I could fill those 35s with foam, like you do with tractor/heavy equipment tires. Makes ‘em REAL heavy...

Mog
100+ Posts

Post by Mog »

I’ll supply the lead if you can sneak it in!

Hale-Yes
100+ Posts

Post by Hale-Yes »

Bob I am sure that your right, and that they would work with Maule Mods doors, but every 337 of theirs that I have seen (4) specifically directs you to remove the swing out window. My question was why? I don't see the reason to excluded it. And then we kinda got lost in the it would add a pound discussion.
"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living" Author unknown.

HeavyLoad
100+ Posts

Post by HeavyLoad »

Yes. I'd like to see a gull wing door where I can keep the pop up window..
===========
M5-210C
RV6

bobguhr
100+ Posts

Post by bobguhr »

Shaun Tubbs of Performance Air in Caldwell, Idaho should be able to answer the swing out windows on the seaplane doors questions. Shaun was willing to put swing outs on my seaplane doors but due to time constraints I went with cut out vents instead. He’s done the seaplane door mod and his work is top notch but bring patience. Wup Winn also has first hand knowledge of the seaplane doors, I think he’s “hotshot” on this forum, his contact info can be found on https://backcountryconnection.com/about/