Happy 4th of July!

A catch-all forum for anything remotely related to Maule flying.
andy
Site Admin

Happy 4th of July!

Post by andy »

Happy 4th of July to all Maule Forum members!
Andy
1986 MX7-180

drak130
100+ Posts

Re: Happy 4th of July!

Post by drak130 »

Same to you! Keeping it cool in the hills of N.C.?

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

Tough for an Englishman to acknowledge, but thank you for your forum work and input nevertheless. ;)
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide

andy
Site Admin

Post by andy »

It got up to 91F and 60% RH today on the eastern slope of the mountains but at least there was a breeze and the lake made it cooler than other parts of the area. Lots of people on the lake. NC isn't doing well on the COVID-19 front and I hope the crowds don't make it worse. I've been flying solo for proficiency but I'd rather be going somewhere fun and getting together with other Maule owners.
Andy
1986 MX7-180

Flyhound
100+ Posts

Post by Flyhound »

I know what you're saying about missing gatherings with other pilots. We have an airport group that used to get together once a month for a program and often a BBQ. That hasn't happened for ages. We're all still flying, but the flights are practically all solo, sometimes with a bicycle tossed in for fun at the destination. Even bike riding in groups is discouraged because the heavy breathing from a challenging ride tends to put more droplets in the air. I did get up on the 4th for a short flight and noticed a pilot that was very disoriented, probably from lack of flying recently. He was all over the sky over Lake Goodwin... :)

Por mares nunca dantes navegados - a line from a Potugese poem about exploring the unknown.