2020 factory new longwing M7-235!

A catch-all forum for anything remotely related to Maule flying.
Isaac

2020 factory new longwing M7-235!

Post by Isaac »

Hi everyone,

The Maule factory is building us a new long wing M7-235. The goal is to make it even lighter than our current one. They have already covered the fuselage and are 11 lbs lighter than our last one at the same stage! Maule is continuing to up their game and it is really paying dividends to us folks who love STOL airplanes. The goal is to have the next one finished in time for the Alaska Airmen’s Show the first week of May.

Unfortunately, to make room for the new plane we have to sell our current one. Our goal is to keep flying this one commercially until next spring and sell it around the beginning of April. It should have around 1400 to 1500 hrs on it. It qualifies for Lycoming engine extension ( up to 2,400hr TBO).
Renae and I have been flying N574RB for about a year and a half now. It makes me smile every time. It is hands down the best flying, and best performing Maule I have ever flown. I take it into any strip I would take a cub into. I hauled 12 moose out of some short strips this fall and I am not aware of another certified plane that would have done as well as this one did. But, we expect the new one to be an improvement over this one.(light flys right) If you would like to buy our current long wing maule next spring you can email us at isaacbedingfield@gmail.com.

I am grateful there is still a company willing and able to keep pushing the envelope of 5 place, Tailwheel, STOL aircraft.

andy
Site Admin

Post by andy »

We saw your airplane in progress on a factory tour at the Maule Homecoming this weekend. It's looking good. They're trying hard to reduce weight wherever they can. Post some PIREPS when you get it.
Andy
1986 MX7-180

wtxdragger
100+ Posts

Re: 2020 factory new longwing M7-235!

Post by wtxdragger »

Isaac,

Any updates on weight and specs?
What was the empty on the first M7 y'all had built?
Mercifully Free from the Ravages of Intelligence
1989 M7-235 N90KD
1975 T210L N1675X
2022 CCK-1865 N922UM

https://www.instagram.com/wtxdragger/