Gama report - Maule missing

A catch-all forum for anything remotely related to Maule flying.
Damiens

Gama report - Maule missing

Post by Damiens »

I was reading the Gama annual report https://gama.aero/wp-content/uploads/20 ... 202019.pdf

I noticed that some Maules are listed as a "-" and others are listed as "N/A" and it indicates no new builds for 2017 and 2018. I am guessing it excludes kits and experimental but this doesn't seem right, as there is at least the spectacular "Gods Country" M7 in Bethel and I am guessing more.

Does anybody have the explanation?

Thanks
Damien
NSW Australia

Narwhal

Post by Narwhal »

I would also be interested in knowing the last few years' production numbers from the Maule factory. Like you have found, there doesn't seem to be much information available.

JerseyJim

Post by JerseyJim »

Found this in a Plane & Pilot article

While Maule never closed the doors of its factory, recent years have seen some low production numbers. The 2017 General Aviation Manufacturers Association report shows no airplanes sold – but that report is incomplete. The 2016 report shows Maule shipped out one copy each of its MX-7-180C, M-7-235C and M-7-260C aircraft. By those numbers, the company’s 2017 gross sales would only just barely buy a new Cessna 206. There were Maules still rolling out the door, but the family member who’d handled GAMA reporting had passed and many deliveries went unreported. “We’re still in business,â€￾ Brent said, “And this year has seen a strong upswing of orders.â€￾
1984 M5 180-C