Commercial Insurance

A catch-all forum for anything remotely related to Maule flying.
montana maule
100+ Posts

Commercial Insurance

Post by montana maule »

Anyone out there buying commercial / 135 insurance on your Maule. I know the market is limited but my broker only had one quote this year.
London Aviation Underwriters

Andy Young
100+ Posts

Post by Andy Young »

I have my Maule insured for Part 91 commercial (sightseeing). Paying $2200 with $65,000 hull.
Ladd Gardner in Texas is my broker.

flyusn99
100+ Posts

Post by flyusn99 »

I've got US Specialty through Falcon and have been satisfied. Part 91, flightseeing, aerial survey and photography...

James

montana maule
100+ Posts

Post by montana maule »

Well the 135 certificate must make a big difference. $90,000.00 hull is costing me $4223.00. That's with a multi-aircraft discount and 7000+ hours in tailwheel Maules. Could one of you PP me the phone number of your agent.

Andy Young
100+ Posts

Post by Andy Young »

Ladd Gardner Agency:
972-250-0400

flyusn99
100+ Posts

Post by flyusn99 »

Baxter at Falcon Insurance 866-217-4772.

I'm sure you're probably aware but if not, the rates also come down the more ratings you're rocking, so perfect time to go get your glider, sea plane, ATP, CFII, etc the more the merrier. Also, they usually give you extra off if you've completed an FAA WINGS level.

James

RT
100+ Posts

Post by RT »

Montana Maule are you using mountain air in Hamilton? They seem to find good rates. Sometimes.
RT

montana maule
100+ Posts

Post by montana maule »

I started the thread to see if my broker was doing a good job for me. In the past my former broker came up with a quote that seemed out of line. Of course after a broker has your N -number no one else can get a quote. I had to let my insurance lapse then found another broker in a different region. The price he quoted from the same company but from a different underwriting desk was 25% lower!

The past week I spent some time calling around to see if anyone has sold a Maule Part 135 Commercial policy just to compare. After a broker finds out I have insurance they say there is nothing they can do. I even tried to to get a quote on an additional aircraft from a different underwriter and was told I couldn't buy insurance from another company. Even though the other aircraft is uninsured at the moment. My company name would be blocked out and I would have to talk to my current broker.

I would let my insurance lapse again just to see how a new quote would compare, but the 135 certificate is invalid without current continuing insurance.

VA Maule
100+ Posts

Post by VA Maule »

Insurance = State sanctioned extortion
The best Government, is less Government.