STOL Aircraft Magazine

A catch-all forum for anything remotely related to Maule flying.
flyingtravs

STOL Aircraft Magazine

Post by flyingtravs »

Anyone know what happened to STOL Aircraft Magazine? It's no longer being published. Was a good read. Any alternate suggestions? Thank you.
2002 Maule M-7-235C

Chris in Milwaukee
100+ Posts

Post by Chris in Milwaukee »

Health issues forced the publishers to retire. There are some folks they are working with to potentially continue the publication. From their Facebook page (sorry, all caps):

"AFTER MUCH THOUGHT AND CONSIDERATION SHEILA, DUKE AND I HAVE DECIDED TO END PUBLICATION OF STOL AIRCRAFT MAGAZINE WITH THE FIRST QUARTER 2018 ISSUE THAT HAS JUST BEEN MAILED. OUR SINCERE THANKS TO THOSE WHO HAVE SUPPORTED US AS READERS AND CONTRIBUTORS OF ARTICLES AND PHOTOS. IT HAS BEEN OUR HONOR TO REPORT ON THE ACTIVITIES WITHIN THE STOL COMMUNITY."

https://www.facebook.com/STOLAircraftMagazineUSA/
Christopher Owens
1993 MX-7-180A
Members: AOPA EAA VAA

AndrewK
100+ Posts

Post by AndrewK »

I heard the same recently and I guess this confirms it, darn. I only subscribed about a year ago but it quickly became my favorite magazine even though I only had the pleasure of reading 4 issues.

I only follow a few magazines so my next favorite would have to be EAA's Sport Aviation. Good mix of technical, technology trends, history and general aviation community info.

flyingtravs

Post by flyingtravs »

thank you.
2002 Maule M-7-235C