Ferry Rate

A catch-all forum for anything remotely related to Maule flying.
Andy Young
100+ Posts

Ferry Rate

Post by Andy Young »

So what's the going rate these days for ferrying aircraft? Someone is asking me to do it, and I haven't done it in several years; not sure what's considered typical to charge now.

Thanks

Wyflyer
100+ Posts

Post by Wyflyer »

When I bought my Maule in 2013 I Paid a ferry pilot 200.00 per day plus expenses.
He got socked in so it cost more than expected but it was a fair deal
we allow darwins law to take its course. -chris erasmus

StuporRocket
100+ Posts

Post by StuporRocket »

$200/day seems awfully cheap to get an airplane moved. Most everyone I know would value their time & experience more than that. I would expect $300-500/day, plus expenses. Those with an airline gig will often be more economical due to their non-rev benefits.
Scott@Oglesby.org

"Don't follow me. You won't make it."
PA-12-150
M-7-235

RT
100+ Posts

Ferry

Post by RT »

I seen an ad on barnstormer for 250 + expense. I have a friend that charges 600 /day + expenses. Big range of prices, so I guess it's whatever the 2 parties can agree on. I'd say the cheap guys just want to fly and the expensive guys don't have time for it unless you make it worth there while. I've done it for free and had fun, and I'm sure many others have too.
RT

RT
100+ Posts

Ferry

Post by RT »

I seen an ad on barnstormer for 250 + expense. I have a friend that charges 600 /day + expenses. Big range of prices, so I guess it's whatever the 2 parties can agree on. I'd say the cheap guys just want to fly and the expensive guys don't have time for it unless you make it worth there while. I've done it for free and had fun, and I'm sure many others have too.
RT

Kirk
100+ Posts

Post by Kirk »

I've seen $200-250 + expenses pretty typical for single engine. Light jets seem to start at $500.

Always been a low return on ferry until you get into specialized work like oceanic or type rating required. Too many people willing to fly cheap to build time or just for the fun.

Kirk

MauleMechanic
100+ Posts

Post by MauleMechanic »

I charged $200 a day plus expenses and a guy still tried to screw me over once. $200 a day is not a 24 hour period! I left at 6am, got home at 2am and he only wanted to pay me $200. I came home early to save him a $100 hotel fee. That won't happen again.