Raymond Maule

A catch-all forum for anything remotely related to Maule flying.
Beamerpilot
100+ Posts

Post by Beamerpilot »

A sad day for aviation.
RIP Ray.

Goomba

Raymond Maule

Post by Goomba »

Condolences from the Maine area, RIP.
"Bucket lists RULE!"
1972 M4-220C

tellicovillage
100+ Posts

Post by tellicovillage »

Condolences from the East Tennessee area, RIP Ray the ride with you led me to owning a Maule!

Flyhound
100+ Posts

Post by Flyhound »

I count myself lucky to have met Ray and Rautgunde and most of the staff at Maule Flight. I always liked the look of Maules and their specs looked great on paper. I had never flown one though and that sounded like a good idea before I spent any time shopping for one. I stopped at Maule Flight in 2013 on my way to Sun-N-Fun and got a little over an hour of dual with Ray. I still smile when I think about it.

I tried to spend some time over at Maule Air while I was there, but that darned swan didn't want me around. The swan was meaner than I am so I spent my time on the other side of the field with Maule Flight. I'm glad I did. It has been a tough couple of years for Ray, I hope he has CAVU conditions for his voyage west and that he continues to smile on the Maule community.
Por mares nunca dantes navegados - a line from a Potugese poem about exploring the unknown.

Duane
100+ Posts

Post by Duane »

For anyone in close enough proximity, services for Ray are Wed nite 6-8 is the viewing at Baker Funeral Home and the service is at Lifespring Church (across the pond at Maule) Thurs at 11. We welcome anyone that wants to come.

DeltaRomeo
100+ Posts

Post by DeltaRomeo »

Maule Air, Inc. posted this on the Facebook page:

The funeral for Ray Maule will be Thursday, January 11, 2018 at 11:00am at Lifespring Community Church, across the street from the factory.
Visitation will be on Wednesday, January 10, 2018 from 6-8 pm at Baker Funeral Home, Moultrie, GA

Are there any Maule drivers interested in flying to Moultrie in honor of Ray?
M5

TimB
100+ Posts

Post by TimB »

My condolences to the Maule family
TimB

Flyhound
100+ Posts

Post by Flyhound »

I'd love to fly down for to honor the man, but I've moved from Virginia to Washington State. There's just too much nasty weather between me and Georgia to make it this time of year. My thoughts will be with the family then.
Por mares nunca dantes navegados - a line from a Potugese poem about exploring the unknown.

DeltaRomeo
100+ Posts

Post by DeltaRomeo »

I was packed and ready to go but the ranch airstrip had fog until 11 am. One of those occasions an instrument rating would have been good to have...
M5

swampflyer

Post by swampflyer »

:cry: sorry to hear of Ray passing. My condolences to the family. Such a great man. He taught me how to fly a Maule.
check your six

Duane
100+ Posts

Post by Duane »

It was a good service. Some interesting stories told by Keith Phillips and Brian Van Wagnen. The entire service can be seen here https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=Raymond%20Maule

Naturally, just after the fly-over and the flag folding and prayer, the drizzle stopped and the sun came out.

mauledrvr

Post by mauledrvr »

Thanks Duane,
Our condolences to the Maule family form their friends in Vermont.
Real sad news.