Factory new Long Wing, Long Flap Maule

A catch-all forum for anything remotely related to Maule flying.
Hale-Yes
100+ Posts

Post by Hale-Yes »

Thank you for the information. Who is working on the STC for the seaplane doors. I would put a deposit down on that.

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

I have drawings for seaplane doors on my old computer. Happy to share if i can get it to boot....
You have to make up your mind about growing up and becoming a pilot. You can't do both!

Isaac

Post by Isaac »

https://youtu.be/MLo1nkuf0XY

Short ridge top landing with the new Maule.

Mog
100+ Posts

Post by Mog »

I hate you!! :lol:

gbarrier
100+ Posts

Post by gbarrier »

Now that’s no way to act. Think my old wings are a little too warped and probably lack a little ringing to get quite slow but practice does have a lot to do with it.

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

Nice. Saw your video on Facebook. What mountains are these?
You have to make up your mind about growing up and becoming a pilot. You can't do both!

smurfsky101

Re:

Post by smurfsky101 »

Isaac wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:21 am
Thank you for the pics and info Dirt Dobber! That is excellent! Do you know the thickness of the wing skins? I like your panel. We are going with the basic required flight insturments with an electric turn coordinator. We will have a panel mounted IPad mini as the GPS with garmin pilot and Garmin GTX 345 as a source of AHRS and ADSB all utilizing the ipad. We will have the Odessy battery as well but under the seat. We plan to have it painted like our current plane with the addition of black leading edges and black landing gear. The plan is to pick it up in late March early April.
Drooling over your maule. I'm trying to wrap my head around how you were able to make CG work w/ an odyssey battery that far forward.

I've an M7-235 w/ CF prop, lightweight starter, on 31's - and still don't think I can take anything more than 10 lbs out of the battery CG station point. Concorde battery is 35 lbs ish, earthx & odyssey batteries are 5-6 lbs, and yanking more than 10 lbs out puts me WAYyyy forward on CG. What's your weight and balance like? Thanks in advance

montana maule
100+ Posts

Re: Factory new Long Wing, Long Flap Maule

Post by montana maule »

Having a forward CG is great if you want to haul a lot of passengers and cargo. My M6 has an empty wt. CG just forward of the forward limit. As you put in fuel. passengers, and cargo the CG moves aft comfortably with in the CG range. After dropping everything off and returning home with minimum fuel I am close to the forward limit which may make 3 point landings harder but I always do wheel landings anyway. That's one reason to have an extended baggage area with some survival gear in it. Now in my MX7, with 200 lb. less engine weight, the empty wt. CG starts in the middle of the envelope. After loading full mains and three 200 lb people, I'm under gross but out the back of the envelope. That's one drawback to the MX7 160hp and 180 hp series.