Factory new Long Wing, Long Flap Maule

A catch-all forum for anything remotely related to Maule flying.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Oddessy battery moved forward with shortened cables saves 15-18 lbs. MT prop saves about 20lbs. Lightweight cowling saves about 5 lbs. carbon wing tips about 9 lbs, carbon floor boards ?, no vinyl in the interior ?, light weight interior panels(.018 painted aluminum)?, no vacuum system ?, minimal instruments? Lightweight paint job?, no float kit? . More important than a few mods to keep it light, they are building the whole thing from the ground up looking for areas to save weight. That is what makes the difference between an amazing performing light plane and an average performing plane. I have been involved in lightweight Supercub builds and seen 200 lb differences in empty weights on cubs that looked similar when completed.

YELLOWMAULE
100+ Posts

Post by YELLOWMAULE »

"carbon floor boards ?, no vinyl in the interior ?, light weight interior panels(.018 painted aluminum)?, no vacuum system ?, minimal instruments? Lightweight paint job?"
Carbon floor boards; - 14# Average, mine was more as all the fasteners were around the edges (Dozens....), headliner in mine was 14# with the bows, upolstered aluminum side panels were 32# total (Weighed them before taken them to the dump), replaced with .40" Kydex +12#, net . Vacuum pump, filter and associated instruments; -12#, can't speak to the paint job but it was drastic. Also, right side master cylinders/brakes/shuttle vales and extra hoses - 9# Just these components add up to 69#.
The carbon wing tips were the biggest surprise, -14# and that's at the maximum moment arm.
Live it like its your last day.

DeltaRomeo
100+ Posts

Post by DeltaRomeo »

OK, Isaac, you've taken delivery of the beast and posted NOTHING about it here... 8)
M5

Isaac

Post by Isaac »

We are very happy with the new Maule. It is the best preforming Maule I have ever flown. My wife, three kids and I were legally able to load up and fly 3.5 hours to Valdez without refueling and then with the same plane we were able to land and take off shorter than all but two very light Supercubs. It is better balanced with the light MT prop. The Gamin G5 is a winner and I would definitely do that again. If anyone wants a five place bush plane that will keep up with most Supercubs in STOL capabilities this is the plane to have!

Hottshot
100+ Posts

Post by Hottshot »

I must say this is the best fit and finish Maule I have seen come out of the factory! Ty and the production crew took EVERY step to lighten and clean up any extras that we could come up with. Kudos to the factory for taking what we asked for and nailing it! Now the next one I order will be even more scrutinized for weight savings and to my shop for some other mods 8) 8)

benflyn
100+ Posts

Post by benflyn »

Pic-a-tures???
As I hurtled through space, one thought kept crossing my mind - every part of this rocket was supplied by the lowest bidder .
John Glenn

benflyn
100+ Posts

Post by benflyn »

Where does it fit in this picture??
http://maulepilots.org/forums/viewtopic ... c&start=75
As I hurtled through space, one thought kept crossing my mind - every part of this rocket was supplied by the lowest bidder .
John Glenn

Hottshot
100+ Posts

Post by Hottshot »

benflyn wrote:Pic-a-tures???
Working on it..

JLB

Post by JLB »

This is such great news for the factory!

Chris in Milwaukee
100+ Posts

Post by Chris in Milwaukee »

So long wing is still an option if you're willing to pay the $$$ for it?
Christopher Owens
1993 MX-7-180A
Members: AOPA EAA VAA

Hottshot
100+ Posts

Post by Hottshot »

Chris in Milwaukee wrote:So long wing is still an option if you're willing to pay the $$$ for it?
Yeppers! We reserecked it..😎ðŸ˜￾

Chris in Milwaukee
100+ Posts

Post by Chris in Milwaukee »

It’s alive!
Christopher Owens
1993 MX-7-180A
Members: AOPA EAA VAA

Hale-Yes
100+ Posts

Post by Hale-Yes »

This is this best thing to come from Maule in a long time. It gets them back to there core business, tuff, light, STOL, aircraft. Is there a Maule drawing of the seaplane doors? Any pics of the completed plane?

Hale-Yes
100+ Posts

Post by Hale-Yes »

This is this best thing to come from Maule in a long time. It gets them back to there core business, tuff, light, STOL, aircraft. Is there a Maule drawing of the seaplane doors? Any pics of the completed plane?

Hottshot
100+ Posts

Post by Hottshot »

Hale-Yes wrote:This is this best thing to come from Maule in a long time. It gets them back to there core business, tuff, light, STOL, aircraft. Is there a Maule drawing of the seaplane doors? Any pics of the completed plane?

You can look up God's Country Aviation on Facebook lots of great pictures where Isaac is using the plane. The Seaplane doors are in the works for an STC sometime before the end of the world... :idea: