Big Rocks Long Props Vol. II "Water Play"

A catch-all forum for anything remotely related to Maule flying.
Hottshot
100+ Posts

Big Rocks Long Props Vol. II "Water Play"

Post by Hottshot »

Well Maule Drivers Greg Miller and "Bushwacker" are at it again!!

I will have copies in a day or two for shipment ASAP!!! Footage of Cubs Maules and the Sherpa!!! give me a call and I will get your copy out as soon as I get them!

Hottshot
100+ Posts

Post by Hottshot »

HOLY SH*T I just got done watchin my copy you guys are gunna LOVE this one. All of you that have ordered your copy they are in the mail!!!

Chopper206

BR&LP II "WaterPlay" "Don't try this at

Post by Chopper206 »

Wow! I echo Wup's reaction. The DVD took longer to get up here to the Arctic but I've watched it many times already. Fabulous flying. "Don't try this at home, folks!" You ain't gonna see me trying some of this stuff out here on the Barrens. We've got literally tens of thousands of landing sites on eskers and raised gravel and moss-covered sand beaches across the Barrens--an area of a couple hundred thousand square kilometres within a couple hundred nautical mile radius of our village. No need to ever go hydroplaning unless we're trying to stretch a glide after an engine failure. Our problem here (and Greg mentions it) is that if we prang something, we're the **only** private aircraft in a region the size of Montana and the Dakotas and a bent prop means abandonning the Maule for a year or two on the tundra and hope that it's salvagable when we finally organize a trip back to where we left it. Ended up costing about $7k for a salvage expedition and $45k for a rebuild after we fixed it up and flew it out. No structural damage like the SuperCub in the "Field Fix" segment, just fabric. Actually, we had a busted rudder, but we fixed it in town, then took it back out there and reattached it. The prop was minor damage compared to what the polar bears did later.
M5-235C in the Canadian Arctic
26" Alaska Bushwheel tundra tires
Alaska Bushwheel Scott Tailwheel
HF Radio--talk to the world! VYØDU