Any interest in a Springtime PACNW Puget Sound Maule Fly-in?

A catch-all forum for anything remotely related to Maule flying.
Danws
100+ Posts

Post by Danws »

OOPS -- I didn't read close enough, if all the fun stuff in indeed on the 13th then I will fly up on the afternoon of the 12th. I don't wanna miss all the fun stuff !

Dan

maule-guy

Post by maule-guy »

Ok, this is sounding like a great trip coming together. So right now I have three Maule's coming up from OR and we'll see about maybe flying up with Danws coming up from Roseburg. Depending on Wx we should be able to either come up Thursday afternoon or Friday morning and be there by 11am on Friday if that works for you James? You tell me what works best for you and your tour plans.
When I get my final head count I'll get rooms reserved and also thanks for the advice on rooms too. Also James, would it be Ok if one of the guys brings his 10 year old son and can he tour the NAS too?
The one thing I haven't figured out is how I became these other guys mother and I have to plan their lives for them too. :lol:
B. Kerr
Kerrb222@aol.com
'95 M6 235 N9215X

TomD
100+ Posts

Post by TomD »

The one thing I haven't figured out is how I became these other guys mother and I have to plan their lives for them too.
Did you miss a meeting where you were elected? 8)

maule-guy

Post by maule-guy »

LoL yea its' looking that way TomD
B. Kerr
Kerrb222@aol.com
'95 M6 235 N9215X

flyusn99
100+ Posts

Post by flyusn99 »

Tom,
Yep, planned the tours for Friday and figured a little bit of flying Friday afternoon evening and then some again on Saturday, though with the bulk of everyone flying up from Oregon maybe just do the tour Friday and the flying Saturday to give everyone a day to rest.

Dan/Mother-Maule-Guy,
The tour is whatever you guys want. The typical tour is generally about an hour at each stop but we can expand or contract as the group desire determines. Right now planning 45min at 5 different stops. If we can get everyone corralled up by 10 or 11 on Friday that would allow for an unfettered timeline to see what you all want. The 10 year old should be no problem, again though make sure he has ID to get on base. Security doesn't have much of a sense of humor unfortunately...
Depending on the total head count I may need to rent a van to move everyone at once, would you guys be okay splitting up the cost based on head count? IE we split it up among everyone? I'm working a couple angles on borrowing one for the day but am not optimistic... If any of you Oregonians end up flying in Thursday I should have no problem getting you from the airport to your hotels, might be several trips but it should be fine.
Also, thinking of having a beach bonfire Friday night as well. (I live right off the beach). Well, keep the questions coming.

James

Danws
100+ Posts

Post by Danws »

Hi James,
I will be glad to help out with the van, I'm still thinking about coming up Thursday evening, I like to make my long weekend even longer. I would probably get a room at the best Western. Which Best western ?

Mother Maule-Guy, :roll: Would you guys be able to make it up Thursday evening ?

Dan

flyusn99
100+ Posts

Post by flyusn99 »

Dan,
This is the one that is pretty close:

BEST WESTERN Plus Harbor Plaza and Conference Center
33175 State Route 20, Oak Harbor, WA 98277-8713
Phone: 360/679-4567 | Fax: 360/675-2543

James

maule-guy

Post by maule-guy »

Ok Mother-Maule-guy here, we're going to have 3 planes 5-6 people and Dan we can meet you in Independence 7s5 (they usually have the best fuel prices around too) at 4-430pm on Thursday if that works for you and then we can all travel up to Oak Harbor together and this will be a flight of 4 Blue-White Maules, kind of a Blue Angle flight :D.
James we'll all be happy to help out on the cost of a van to shuffle everyone around and any other expenses that may come up. So as long as the Wx doesn't get in the way we've got a plan and we are all really looking forward to the flights, bonfire and NAS tour.
James, let us know if there is anything else you want us to bring up to help out, thanks.
B. Kerr
Kerrb222@aol.com
'95 M6 235 N9215X

TomD
100+ Posts

Post by TomD »

James;

I am good with sharing the van cost. Figure most everyone would be.

maule-guy

Post by maule-guy »

James, can you send me a number to find out what we need have to get this 10 year old boy on base, he doesn't have any ID? Would a copy of a Birth Certificate work? Does he need photo ID?
B. Kerr
Kerrb222@aol.com
'95 M6 235 N9215X

TomD
100+ Posts

Post by TomD »

James, could you add my wife Susan to the list of attendees? She is keen to come and just got her passport renewed: so, she is now legal.

tD

flyusn99
100+ Posts

Post by flyusn99 »

Tom,
No problem she's on the list.

Maule-Guy,
The 10yo doesn't require ID so long as he's with his parents or legal guardian. Can't think of anything I need from Oregon but thank you.

So the updated list I have is:
TomD 2
Maule Guy 5-6
Flyhound 1
DanWS -1

Does that sound correct? If so I think we can swing everything without a van. For the flying I'll be up for Friday afternoon (if we have time and go up) and Saturday until about mid-afternoon. Before I sign off though I can give some suggestions on what might be of interest to fly too or go check out, as can TomD and Flyhound I'm sure. Well, looking forward to the visit.

James

Rezrider
100+ Posts

Post by Rezrider »

Looking forward to a big fat trip report with lots of pictures.
1980 M5-235
Four Corners

Danws
100+ Posts

Post by Danws »

Maule -guy you crack me up !
I'm looking forward to a four ship gaggle of blue Maules :lol:
Independence will work great. lets talk when we get closer to the 13th

Dan

yucatandan

Any interest in a Springtime PACNW Puget sound Maule fly-in?

Post by yucatandan »

Unable to be there for the Friday tour but will be up after work for camping under the wing and a fly-out breakfast on Sat.