Guys!!

A catch-all forum for anything remotely related to Maule flying.
MauleMechanic
100+ Posts

Post by MauleMechanic »

:lol:

MauleMechanic
100+ Posts

Post by MauleMechanic »

Ok, an annual bout done, waiting on door parts for a pilot door job, nose gear major repair almost done....starting a left wingtip spar splice job. Its gonna be a long cold winter!

LT4247
100+ Posts

Post by LT4247 »

A wrecked tri gear? Really? I got to come by and get a look at that!
MauleMechanic wrote: nose gear major repair almost done....
J.R. Lane
GEORGIA
----------------------------
"I say all that big talk is worth doodly squat"!
- Granny Hawkins

Brenton C
100+ Posts

Post by Brenton C »

Let the shaming begin!

Mountain Doctor
100+ Posts

Post by Mountain Doctor »

What broke the Trigear? Rough field?
I am an AME in Richland, Washington. Please call for an appointment!

560 Gage Blvd.
Richland, WA 99352
(509) 628-2843

51598Rob
100+ Posts

Post by 51598Rob »

High winds while tied to ramp?
Let Freedom Prevail

MauleMechanic
100+ Posts

Post by MauleMechanic »

Actually two....when folks try to land them like a Cessna, it shows them just how unlike a Cessna it really is.

Maulehigh
100+ Posts

Post by Maulehigh »

MauleMechanic wrote:Actually two....when folks try to land them like a Cessna, it shows them just how unlike a Cessna it really is.
I'm intrigued. Shouldn't all tricycle undercarriage aircraft be landed main gear first with the nose gear kept off as long as possible? Having said that, I regularly see people land tricycle aircraft 3-point. Once, I even witnessed an instructor wheelbarrow a PA28 on take-off! :roll:

How is landing a Cessna different to a Maule?
David
'91 MX-7-180

MauleMechanic
100+ Posts

Post by MauleMechanic »

Maulehigh wrote:
MauleMechanic wrote:Actually two....when folks try to land them like a Cessna, it shows them just how unlike a Cessna it really is.
I'm intrigued. Shouldn't all tricycle undercarriage aircraft be landed main gear first with the nose gear kept off as long as possible? Having said that, I regularly see people land tricycle aircraft 3-point. Once, I even witnessed an instructor wheelbarrow a PA28 on take-off! :roll:

How is landing a Cessna different to a Maule?
Technically you are correct....We have plenty of nose wheel parts to prove it. So roll the eyes back at ya! :lol:

chris erasmus
100+ Posts

Post by chris erasmus »

haven't flown a nose wheel in a while, but if I remember correctly, if the surface is rough use a little less flap to assist with keeping the nose of the ground

Maulehigh
100+ Posts

Post by Maulehigh »

chris erasmus wrote:haven't flown a nose wheel in a while, but if I remember correctly, if the surface is rough use a little less flap to assist with keeping the nose of the ground
Is that why nosewheel models don't have 48 degree flaps?
David
'91 MX-7-180

chris erasmus
100+ Posts

Post by chris erasmus »

all the technical bits I dont know, toe in toe out on gear, steep approach, short coupled, tail low tail high, slip on x wind approach, i dont understand any of that. I have a GNS 430 and a GNC 250XL in my plane, have no idea how to use it, i just fly the thing, and use a map and a compass

MauleMechanic
100+ Posts

Post by MauleMechanic »

chris erasmus wrote:all the technical bits I dont know, toe in toe out on gear, steep approach, short coupled, tail low tail high, slip on x wind approach, i dont understand any of that. I have a GNS 430 and a GNC 250XL in my plane, have no idea how to use it, i just fly the thing, and use a map and a compass
yep if more people would learn how to fly the airplane as good as they can operate the radio equipment inside, their would be less wrecks and I'd be out of a job

my pun is that many tricycle gear Pilots still don't properly fly the airplane.

I am not implying that I am a good pilot I am simply saying that I know what the problem is

chris erasmus
100+ Posts

Post by chris erasmus »

from my limited experience, i believe there are too many distractions nowadays, specially during the critical phases of flight namely take off and landing, instructions from everywhere, change frequency, maintain look out for xyz , intercept this, outbound that, remain here remain there, and in between you have to fly the plane

pilot
100+ Posts

Post by pilot »

The problem I have with a cessna is the tail tie down needs a roller on it. Anything, even a skateboard wheel would be fine.
I can't remember if I fired six shots, or only five.....

M-5 220c, circa 1974
EAA #428061