Fuel Transfer Pump

A catch-all forum for anything remotely related to Maule flying.
tucsonwis

Fuel Transfer Pump

Post by tucsonwis »

Requesting the Aux Fuel Transfer Pump make & source for a 2005 Maule MXT-7-180. Do you have to purchase the whole pump, or are parts available?

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

I don't have the number offhand and it is difficult to read on the plane as it is on the ear that bolts it to the rear spar. You could take it off and see it. It is originally an automobile Facet pump.
Try Brian in parts@mauleairinc.com 229 985 2045 x 239
Before you try any of this, make sure the ground wire has not parted and has a good conection.
I don't know of a rebuild kit, though Facet might.
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide

Mauler

Post by Mauler »

$65 from Aircraft Spruce, last time I bought.
M5-210TC

210TC
100+ Posts

Post by 210TC »

A64 may have an extra pump on his old pick-em-up-truck...LOL..read Camp Fire Stories.

Mauler, time to up date us.

TomD
100+ Posts

Aux pump

Post by TomD »

For those who do their own or use mechanics who don't see a lot of Maules, be sure they look at the strainer at each Aux pump during annual.

A couple of years ago we pulled the bottom off the pumps and the rust and crap scared the bejeebers out of me.

We replaced w/ the Facet pumps from Aircraft Spruce and they were corroded in a year. Next set seems to be OK.

TD

210TC
100+ Posts

Post by 210TC »

BTW: Under the Far's you as an owner do not need a A or P license to conduct certain preventive maintenance.
Appendix A to part 43 paragraph C (23) Cleaning or replacing fuel and oil strainers or filter elements.
So guy's, don't waite for annual if you operate in conditions that could contaminate your fuel systems. You can check and clean both the transfer pump filter and the gascolator. If you do not feel 100% confident in your mechanical skills, find someone to help you learn and write the proceedure down step by step and place it in your log book for safe keeping.
If you are operating a bush plane you need to be more than just a pilot!