Good News

A catch-all forum for anything remotely related to Maule flying.
Dokmow

Good News

Post by Dokmow »

1st some history- Bought a M5 in July, 0 TW time, Avemco premium $4500. I new it would be, put it in the budget, no problem.

Update- Up to 50+ hrs in type, King Risk Management and extra training with CFI discount. Premium down to $3700--Yeeeee HAWWWW! :D
Hey Wup, looks like I'm getting closer to those wheels.

The bad news- I have to get another 130 hours in type for my next discount. Wait, that means I need to keep my nose clean and fly, fly, fly!
Maybe that is good news?
Erick
M5-235C N9009E
My SPOT page

Lowflybye
100+ Posts

Re: Good News

Post by Lowflybye »

Dokmow wrote:1st some history- Bought a M5 in July, 0 TW time, Avemco premium $4500.

Update- Up to 50+ hrs in type, King Risk Management and extra training with CFI discount. Premium down to $3700

The bad news- I have to get another 130 hours in type for my next discount.
First off congrats on enjoying the Maule. I don't mean to rain on your parade too much, but I just quoted a STUDENT pilot in a $60,000 value M5-235 last week for Jeremy and the quote was considerably cheaper than your current premium. Granted we had a well qualified instructor and along with some stiff dual flight and landing requirements prior to solo, but the price was not bad and he was not stuck with Avemco.

There are usually much better coverages at much better prices for Maule owners than going with Avemco.

Give me a shout and I will see what I can come up with for you...I would not wait until you get another 130 hours in type to save some cash.

BTW- Jeremy...how is the sale coming on the M5-235?
"To most people, the sky is the limit. To a pilot, the sky is home."

Still a bit cloudy when it comes to aviation insurance? Find some clarity: Clear on Top

Hottshot
100+ Posts

Post by Hottshot »

Congrats Eric,
Keep pumpin the fuel through that Mule it just keeps getting better and Better!! 8)

Dokmow

Post by Dokmow »

Thanks Wup. I have some wheel questions, should I call, or do it here so everyone can learn?

Lowflyby- I apologize if this looks like a promo for Avemco, that was not my intension. I was just excited about saving $800 to spend on making my bird better. When I was looking for insurance, I checked with AOPA, Gustufson (a broker), and Avemco. They were the only ones that would even touch me so it made the choice easy, but I will definatly give you a call. I have read your posts about insurance, and apreciate your time spent to educate the rest of us. Thanks for the advice.
Erick
M5-235C N9009E
My SPOT page

Lowflybye
100+ Posts

Post by Lowflybye »

Hey, no apology needed...I was not offended in any way. I just wanted to give you a heads up that there should be some better coverage available at a cheaper rate. I would hate for you to keep paying more than you have to just becouse you didn't know otherwise. :wink:

More savings on insurance means more money for tires from Wup. :lol:

-Low

Still a bit cloudy when it comes to aviation insurance? Find some clarity: Clear on Top

Hottshot
100+ Posts

Post by Hottshot »

Dokmow wrote:Thanks Wup. I have some wheel questions, should I call, or do it here so everyone can learn?

Erick
Up to you, give me a call or ask here.... If it turnes into a type a thon I will prob ask you to call and then we can give every one the condenced version :lol:

Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Lowflybye, Are you an insurance broker and sell insurance? If so whats you company name and phone # ?

Lowflybye
100+ Posts

Post by Lowflybye »

CS&A Insurance

615-435-8294