Thanks for the info!

A catch-all forum for anything remotely related to Maule flying.
Headoutdaplane

Thanks for the info!

Post by Headoutdaplane »

I found an m5 on ebay, got drunk with my boss that night and told him about it, he said 'bid' so I did and we won. I asked my girlfriend if she wanted to help me ferry it to CA from NM. She, always up for an adventure, said yes (I met her in Mexico when I was flying a twin otter for skydivers, she moved there to learn spanish, after i left the operation she moved to IL to fly the otter). I have to say that when i first started reading this forum I was thinking "CULT" but now I understand. It was one of the most fun trips I have ever had, low and slow all the way. I am still learning the a/c (have yet to even use 40 degrees of flaps) but we are exporting it to Mexico and when it is "XB" i won't be able to fly it. In the meantime, my gf has always wanted to fly in AK so we are off to the great state in the next few weeks to try and find her a job flying. I am already looking for another Maule to buy (We made the drive through AK and Canada last year and I would definitely prefer to fly)....what a great a/c.

Anyway the reason for the post is to thank you for all the great info, remember that you may be writing for each other, but a lot of others (non-members) are gleaning great information from your posts.

Wes

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

You're welcome to the info and I'm glad you got to try a Maule.
I flew them in AK for years hauling stuff of all kinds around the bush, and I still can't find a replacement for all it can do.
Have a good trip to AK and if passing through Valier enroute at the end of June stop in at the annual Maule gathering of truths, half truths and maybe some expanded truths.
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide