Odyssey Battery Firewall Mount

A catch-all forum for anything remotely related to Maule flying.
BatMaule
100+ Posts

Post by BatMaule »

You don't have to get a special charger. Most battery chargers work fine (with a few precautions). I did, however, buy the smaller charger/tester (Optimate) that Earth X sells more for the testing than the charging and also the ability to "reset" and charge a battery that is discharged below 9v.
1983 M6-235
The "BatMaule"

crbnunit
100+ Posts

Post by crbnunit »

I looked at these at the show. I still have a few years left on my Odessy battery but will definitely be on board after.
You have to make up your mind about growing up and becoming a pilot. You can't do both!

vern

Post by vern »

maules.com wrote:A much lighter battery is the Earth X at 5.1lbs versus 13.5 for Odysey.
EarthX will fit in Odyssey box in case thats what you are using, but price is much more.
Can the Earth X battery be installed with Field Approval or 337? Has anyone done this?

gbarrier
100+ Posts

Post by gbarrier »

As I come up on year five with the Odyssey spinning my IO540 very well I must ask how long you guys are getting out of these? Does it drop off sharply or just gently go down?

TxAgfisher
100+ Posts

Post by TxAgfisher »

vern wrote:
maules.com wrote:A much lighter battery is the Earth X at 5.1lbs versus 13.5 for Odysey.
EarthX will fit in Odyssey box in case thats what you are using, but price is much more.
Can the Earth X battery be installed with Field Approval or 337? Has anyone done this?
Depends on you and your IA's interpretation of 43.13. The way I read it, if it is an approved battery (EarthX is TSO'd) and meets the aircraft requirements then you are good.
TJ Van Matre