Proposed FAA budget

A catch-all forum for anything remotely related to Maule flying.
MikeW
100+ Posts

Proposed FAA budget

Post by MikeW »

Does anybody have the specifics on this new bill. I'm reading there is a 25.00 per segment fee for general aviation. Is this out of any airport, controlled airports. Any one with scoop on this?

Mike

a64pilot
100+ Posts

Post by a64pilot »

My take was that the $25 was for turbines to start with. Maybe the airlines are worried about the VLJ's?
I think AOPA would be a good place to get the real scoop

jmtgt
100+ Posts

Post by jmtgt »

The $25 fee originaly for all GA aircraft and now has been reduced to turbine aircraft at this time. The AOPA is trying to get it removed. There was also mention about fees for entering class BRAVO airspace.

MikeW
100+ Posts

Post by MikeW »

OK guys, thanks for the info. Let's all keep the pressure up on this.

MikeW

donknee
100+ Posts

Brian Baird

Post by donknee »

I just got a reply from Congressman Brian Baird from Washington State and he thanked me for expressing my strong support for General Aviation and its importance in our communities. He said he supports our issue and is against the user fees.

Thank you for contacting me regarding FAA user fees. I appreciate hearing from you, and welcome the opportunity to respond.

Let me begin by saying that I take my responsibility to represent the people who live in Southwest Washington very seriously, which is why I deeply appreciate you taking the time to write me. Hearing your comments and concerns on the important issues facing our country is important to me as I work to represent Southwest Washington in Congress. I believe that our nation's government is only as strong as the individuals who choose to actively participate in its improvement and am grateful when constituents take the time to contact me.

I appreciate your comments regarding proposed Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) fees in the President's budget. I share your concern about the Administration imposing various user fees on airline operators, pilots, or adopting a peak hour pricing system. I am opposed to the adoption of new FAA user fees.

As a member of the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, I will certainly keep your comments in mind when the House debates FAA reauthorization this year.

I receive thousands of letters and emails every week. Please be assured that I do take note of your concerns, and sincerely appreciate you taking the time to contact me. I will keep your thoughts in mind as I continue to represent Southwest Washington .

Thank you again for contacting me. Please do not hesitate to do so in the future if I may be of further assistance. In addition, I invite you to visit my website at http://www.house.gov/baird/IMA/email.shtml and sign up for periodic email updates about my work in Congress.
1976 M5-235-C

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

I appreciate your comments regarding proposed Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) fees in the President's budget. I share your concern about the Administration imposing various user fees on airline operators, pilots, or adopting a peak hour pricing system. I am opposed to the adoption of new FAA user fees

What does that mean?
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide

donknee
100+ Posts

politaspeak

Post by donknee »

Jeremy- I think its "politaspeak", probably computer generated. It automatically responds to letters from constituents. Designed to keep you passive and satisfied. :twisted:
1976 M5-235-C

a64pilot
100+ Posts

Post by a64pilot »

Actually if you throw all of it out except the last sentence, then it makes sense.

Jet-A

Post by Jet-A »

It means we're screwed.
CFII, ATP
Citation X Captain
XOJET