Mogas tax questions

A catch-all forum for anything remotely related to Maule flying.
RobBurson
100+ Posts

Mogas tax questions

Post by RobBurson »

I am almost ready to put mogas in my M7. It is all STC for it. I searched the old threads on this and didn’t see the answer I am looking for. In Oregon has anyone gone through the process, or know about the process for getting the road tax off? Am I supposed to do some type of gov paper work and pay airplane gas tax? I want to do right by the gov. :-) Cheers…Rob

Kirk
100+ Posts

Post by Kirk »

Just send me a check for 30 cents per gallon. I'll make sure Uncle Sam gets it. :wink:

If you haven't gotten an ethanol testing kit from EAA or someone else, do it before you put that first gallon in.

Good luck! Wisha mine would burn auto

Kirk

RobBurson
100+ Posts

Post by RobBurson »

Hi Kirk, the checks in the mail. Your home airport sure look great. Cheers...Rob

a64pilot
100+ Posts

Post by a64pilot »

Find a local AG pilot if you can. They don't pay the taxes and would know how to get the fuel without taxes. I used to get gas years ago for the farm and didn't pay taxes, bought the fuel in bulk from the distributor and had my own tank. I think it will turn out that you will have to get the fuel from a Jobber, I think they are called. Maybe you can get it in as small as 55 gl. drums?
Call your local Jobber or distributor and ask.