GAMI INjectors

A catch-all forum for anything remotely related to Maule flying.
210TC
100+ Posts

Post by 210TC »

you guy's should have nailed me......Burnt seat........This is so rare. Grind a seat and replace a burnt valve.
Ya Beaver, you are correct, but some of us are just out of our minds and enjoy tinkering with our engines. If it was not injectors and carbs we would be tweeking something else that is tweekable and yakin about it til no end. Some day I will learn to write!!!!!!!!

John-Paul at GAMI

Post by John-Paul at GAMI »

"Without tuning or follow up's GAMI's are no better a guess than original nozzles."

In a few engines that's true. A lot of engines have repeatable patterns of which cylinders will be the leanest and which cylinders are the richest. Some engines simply rarely need any adjustments from the stock set of GAMIjectors. The Lycoming IO-540s aren't typically in that group, though. The fuel air ratios are usually not very balanced, but they're not very balanced in a different way from one engine to the next.

As far as the 50% number . . . It's a lot better than that now that most people have engine monitors.

"Save your money and buy gas and fly your planes !!!"
80 hours.
John-Paul Townsend
General Aviation Modifications, Inc.

Maule 9V

Post by Maule 9V »

*Without tuning or follow up's GAMI's are no better a guess than original nozzles.*

Every time I go LOP with GAMIs and JPI-700, I can create a graph of the leaning event that now looks as recognizable as a fingerprint. If that graph changes, I can investigate the cause.

beaver

Post by beaver »

I'm not saying GAMI's don't work, if fact I know they do as much as they claim. The problem I see and stand behind is half the people buying them or possibly the shops installing them or a combination of the two, buy the std set, install them and think they are done. The true value of the GAMI's is the flight testing, tuning, and continued monitoring as cylinders are overhauled or replaced or whatever might affect the fine-tuning obtained with GAMI's. Once again, if you and or your mechanic are doing all that, you'll get everything you expect.

I stand by my original post, most are not.... for that matter most may not even know it's that important.

BudG
100+ Posts

GAMI INJECTORS

Post by BudG »

I have a standard set of GAMI's on my IO-540. I had them installed in August 07. I have a EDM-700 (no fuel flow), but a fuel flow on my MP gauge. Anyway, I noticed that when LOP at 9.5 - 10.0 gph the engine is still running smoothly, with less umphh but the egt's are 30-50 degrees different. When I increase the fuel flow to right about 10.5 the egt's run within one hash mark or about 20deg. of each other and the head temps are withing one hash mark. My speed also increases. the engine seems to like 10.5 Im happy with that too because the engine is still running 20-30 deg cooler that before. I am a tweeker too. Merry Christmas to you all!!! :P

John-Paul at GAMI

Post by John-Paul at GAMI »

"The problem I see and stand behind is half the people buying them or possibly the shops installing them or a combination of the two, buy the std set, install them and think they are done."

Yes. In a lot of cases, they are a lot better than they were at doing only that.

"The true value of the GAMI's is the flight testing, tuning, and continued monitoring as cylinders are overhauled or replaced or whatever might affect the fine-tuning obtained with GAMI's."

Absolutely.

"egt's are 30-50 degrees different"

Don't get too hung up on EGT differences. They really don't matter much.

John-Paul
John-Paul Townsend
General Aviation Modifications, Inc.

BudG
100+ Posts

Gami injectors

Post by BudG »

Thanks John-Paul. MERRY CHRISTMAS :D