awkward narration?....you betchya!

A catch-all forum for anything remotely related to Maule flying.
charliepace

Post by charliepace »

Plenty of room at my place to start out or base at and branch out from there. I understand that there is a lot of beach landings at Lake Lewisville since the water level is way down. Also Cedar Mills at Texhoma or Lake Murray both having camping and airstrips.

If I'm reading the last post corrrect that username guy is in on this that would be great to meet him and probabaly learn a thing or two.

charliepace

usernameguy

Post by usernameguy »

yep I will certainly let you know next time I am down with one or both of the planes. Although charlie I am not great at judging where the trikes can go, it would be neat to see where you have taken it.

JimD

Post by JimD »

Sounds great.... Count me in...
Jim D
1984 M5-180C

So I will sail my vessel
'Til the river runs dry

charliepace

Post by charliepace »

This is getting exciting, going to be great to meet every one and do some flying and stuff together.

Jeremy tells me that the trike can go to about 90% of the places that the draggers can go, with a few mods, we've done the nose strut and the larger tires so will just have to see.

charlie pace

bobguhr
100+ Posts

Post by bobguhr »

Hey Charlie a little thread jacking is in order. When you installed the larger main tires on your trike did you have to address any caliper to tire sidewall clearance issues such as clocking the calipers 180 degrees to prevent rubbing?

charliepace

Post by charliepace »

Not to my knowledge we had it done during the last annual, the main thing is to reverse the bolts on the nose wheel.
Real glad we did it much smoother on our grass strip.

charliepace

Mike Mac

I miss Texas !

Post by Mike Mac »

I would love to see pics of the nose picker mod.....boy I sure miss Texas but the Florida Keys have my heart right now
Gig 'em Aggies
Mike
Mike Mac
Islamorada, FL

bobguhr
100+ Posts

Post by bobguhr »

Sounds good Charlie I think I'm going to do the same with my tri gear I'd love to see pictures as well Thanks

charliepace

Post by charliepace »

Posting pictures on here is like an ADF approach with a 40mph crosswind.
If you send me your email address, I can do that.

Also search here Jeremy has all the info spelled out in other posts.

charliepace

charliepace

Post by charliepace »

Since there appears to be some hesitation or maybe lack of Enthusiasm for my suggesting Blue Ridge for a Maule get together fly in. I have been wondering if maybe the runway is too long or not enough refrigerators or do people not realize what they might be missing. In which case I am currently editing and up loading some video to you tube and with a little luck and help from my youngest son they should be ready some time tomorrow.

stay tuned

charliepace

rw2

Post by rw2 »

I'll be passing through the area the weekend of March 8th.

charliepace

Post by charliepace »

Your welcome anytime RW2, give me a heads up when you have it nailed down.

charliepace

charliepace

Post by charliepace »

OK here's vidieos, the 1st is just 4 minutes flying around Blue Ridge and if you pay attention you'll get a couple views of our place and runway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUlPYV0- ... e=youtu.be

The second is us landing at home taken from inside the cockpit. The first part the camera is aimed out the airvent hole so there's a lot of wind noise, once on final the camera comes inside and you can hear the smooth and sweet 260.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7frw1NEr ... e=youtu.be

The videos devloped a shake after going thru MS Movie Maker, they were smooth before that. Used a Drift HD

AndrewK
100+ Posts

Post by AndrewK »

charliepace wrote:Since there appears to be some hesitation or maybe lack of Enthusiasm for my suggesting Blue Ridge for a Maule get together fly in. I have been wondering if maybe the runway is too long or not enough refrigerators or do people not realize what they might be missing. In which case I am currently editing and up loading some video to you tube and with a little luck and help from my youngest son they should be ready some time tomorrow.

stay tuned

charliepace
I don't have a problem with your place at all, it is very nice and roomy and can park a bunch of airplanes so count me in for whenever we decide to do this.

Might even be the cheapest fly-in in terms of avgas at 16 miles away. Means I can carry less fuel and more beer. :D

charliepace

Post by charliepace »

Your my kind of guy Andrew, I'm just trying to make some noise to get this thing going because I think we will enjoy meeting and going from there any place that works is fine with me. I'm just gonna keep honkin the horn for a while I think we maybe get 20 or 30 good folks together and make it grow next year..HONK HONK

charliepace