Sun N' Fun 2023?

A catch-all forum for anything remotely related to Maule flying.
flyusn99
100+ Posts

Sun N' Fun 2023?

Post by flyusn99 »

Any Maule folks heading to Sun N' Fun this year?

James

Old Piper
100+ Posts
Location: New York '75 M5-210C, Rebuilding (2) M7-235C for retirement sanity.

Re: Sun N' Fun 2023?

Post by Old Piper »

Hi James,

My wife and I are on a get warm/no snow tour, and are here camping now, staying til end of show. Had to leave plane behind, so it’s in a Camper. Looking forward to the show this year, need to look at an Engine Monitor and Stewart’s fabric for a rebuild of the M7-235C. Be glad to help if I can, with anyone flying in a Maule that may need a hand. Also going to take on some learning sessions when I can.

Tom

flyusn99
100+ Posts

Post by flyusn99 »

Tom,
Sounds like a fun trip you and your wife are on! I was just curious as to how many Maule folks would be heading to the show, I was contemplating making the trip but now it looks increasingly unlikely I'll be able to make it.. Have fun at the show and on the rest of your journey!

James

Aitely

Post by Aitely »

Hi James,
I’m flying to SnF first time. M7-260 from KRAL.
Askar

Gary Raser

Post by Gary Raser »

I just got a ride to sun-n-fun in a 182, so the maule is going to stay home but I’ll be there

Flyhound
100+ Posts

Post by Flyhound »

Boy-oh-boy I'd like to be there, but spring storms across the country make a flight from the Seattle area all the way to Florida problematic at best. I'll be watching from afar, and thinking about my flight to Lakeland in 2014 before I moved west. I actually enjoy the Sun-N-Fun venue more than Oshkosh. The smaller size of the grounds makes getting around less of an ordeal and the shot of good weather in early spring is always a welcome treat. Then again, those spring storms can be nightmarish. I had to cut my 2014 stay short because of an incoming monster storm, and I still have nightmares about the tornado that ripped through the grounds in 2011. But when it is good there, it is VERY good.
Por mares nunca dantes navegados - a line from a Potugese poem about exploring the unknown.